When someone asks me why I’m for Bernie rather than Hillary, I say it has to do with the Six Trillion Dollar Mistake.
It’s difficult to understand a figure as large as $6,000,000,000,000.
6 Trillion would buy us one of these four nice things:
- 50 years of tuition-free public college and 50 years of free universal pre-K.
- 7 years of free health-care for 100 million Americans.
- $20,000 as a gift to every man, woman and child in America.
- Bullet trains connecting every major city, 85 Nuclear-powered Aircraft Carriers, 10 Space Stations, 10 manned missions to Mars, ten million homes for the homeless plus the Starship Enterprise.
But instead of getting these nice things, we got one shitty thing. The war in Iraq. Which was followed by other shitty things like ISIS.
The war was dreamt up and executed by Bush/Cheney. It is their fault. But others acted as enablers:
- 48 Republicans and 29 Democrats in the senate enabled the war.
- 215 Republicans and 85 Democrats in the House enabled the war.
And some tried to stop them:
- 21 Democrats, 1 Republican and 1 Independent in the Senate tried to stop them.
- 126 Democrats, 6 Republicans and 1 Independent in the House tried to stop them.
One little known Illinois state senator knew it was a mistakeand tried to stop it.
Among the 29 Democratic Senators who enabled Bush/Cheney was Hillary Clinton.
What a colossal mistake.
- A 6 Trillion Dollar Mistake.
- A 500,000 Iraqis dead mistake.
- A 4,425 dead American soldiers mistake.
All that experience and it took 13 years to admit it was a mistake. How can you learn from your mistakes if you won’t admit them for three terms and you only get two?
I’ll take the politician who doesn’t enable such mistakes over the one who does.
That’s what’s at stake in this primary, and why you should be working you butt off to make Bernie the Democratic nominee and the next president of the United States.